Netball Australia announced in May 2016 that a new Australian only, eight-team national league will commence in February 2017, which is set to be the world’s premier women’s sporting league.
On 7 November it was announced that the league would be known as Suncorp Super Netball.
The new league will consist of the five Australian ANZ Championship teams – Adelaide Thunderbirds, Melbourne Vixens, NSW Swifts, Queensland Firebirds and West Coast Fever – in addition to three new teams; GIANTS Netball, Magpies Netball and the Sunshine Coast Lightning.
In July, Netball Australia confirmed it would be lifting the previous ANZ Championship restrictions on imports, allowing Clubs to have an unlimited number of international athletes on their roster for 2017.
Click here to read the full announcement.
To see GIANTS Netball’s full fixture list for the 2017 season please click here.
- Netball NSW confirmed as preferred bidder (19/05/16)
- Netball Australia announces landmark broadcast deal (19/05/16)
- Import restrictions lifted for 2017 (7/07/16)
- New rules introduced for 2017 (29/08/16)
- Netballers score new pay deal (14/09/16)
- GIANTS Netball unveil inaugural playing roster (22/09/16)